Friday, September 26, 2008

banks and loans and the collapse of wamu

anyone else think the wamu commercials with the bankers trapped and the hip young guy talking 'bout how much better wamu is, anyone else now finding those HILARIOUS?

HAHAHA WAMU SUCKS.

Anyway. The whole bank bailout thing, I don't know how I feel about it. Or anything about this whole financial fuck up. People should not buy things that they can't afford, I guess. Is this simply a backlash of the 90s and early 2000s and even now, with kids right out of college buying brand new cars and shit, and then not paying off student loans? I mean, these people bitch and bitch, but really, how much money are they spending outside of what they actually NEED as opposed to what they WANT? And all these people who bought houses that they did not need and now, can't afford. Not every 30 year old needs a fucking $500,000 mcmansion, now do they? Fuck no. The perception of what people need has radically changed in the last 20 years. I remember my godmother cramming 3 kids into the back of a beat ass sedan all the time. With a baby seat in the middle and the other 2 kids just crammed in there. My friend had 2 kids and whined about how they did not fit into her car and she NEEDED an suv to fit them. No, you WANT one. If you can afford whatever you want, that is fine; but do not make it out that you freaking need something when it is something you want.

Anyway, I am done ranting. I am just looking around at these people with their freakouts and new cars and giant houses and wondering just how many of them have a legitimate gripe about this whole thing.

Grr.

In other news, rain or no, i am looking forward to the weekend. My arms still hurt from tuesday and I find that AWESOME. Rock climbing is the SHIT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home