Tuesday, September 26, 2006

i...am...

currently training to run in an 8k. That means five. FIVE. five. miles.

i've never ever run competitively before. I haven't even actually run more than, like, a block to the store for some parliaments, and it's raining, and the store is about to close, in over 2 years. I've been all about the stair climber, the elliptical, shit like that since i joined a gym.

but then one day I ran, I ran a few blocks. I clutched my purse and just RAN.

and realized how much I miss it. So I'm back to the treadmill for now and will eventually run outside again.

and if you would have told me, 5 years ago, when I weighed 250 pounds, that one day I would train to run in a race, against people, i would have laughed in your face and inside thought "he shouldn't tease the fattie, i might eat him."

I made 1.5 miles. It took me 24 minutes.

I used to run a mile in under 8.

I have a lot of work to do. And if training goes well? I might sign up for a half a marathon.

I have 54 days.

also, i have a job interview on friday and I have not talked to this boy that i'm maybe dating, maybe not, who knows because we haven't talked in over a week, in over a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home